The business of Ella Blue Fabrics and its related parties is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service which includes protecting the privacy of all Stakeholders within the relevant local statutory requirements.
WHAT IS THE POLICY?
- Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its non-commercial activities;
- National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its commercial activities;
- Australian Direct Marketing Association Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers;
- Spam Act 2003 (Cth) in relation to electronic marketing; and
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in the event that any telemarketing is undertaken.
All use of the Ella Blue Fabrics Internet access services shall be intended to facilitate the exchange of information and otherwise be consistent with the broad objectives of the company. The smooth operation of the network relies on the proper conduct of those who use it. In general this requires efficient, legal and ethical utilisation of the network as well as adherence to Ella Blue Fabrics codes of conduct.
2. How to contact us:
Ella Blue Fabrics is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can email us at email@example.com, or write to us at:
PO BOX 782, NIDDRIE, VICTORIA 3042, AUSTRALIA
3. Personal Information:
Personal information means information we hold about you from which your identity is either apparent or can be reasonably determined.
4. Uses and Sharing
We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. Generally, we will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent but in situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to Ella Blue Fabrics we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
5. Security of Information
We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable. You have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
We respect your personal information and your right to privacy.
At Ella Blue Fabrics, protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
At Ella Blue Fabrics, we know that when you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility upon us. We are committed to protecting your personal information and maintaining your trust.
8. Collection covered by this Policy
Websites may contain links to non-Ella Blue Fabrics websites. Ella Blue Fabrics is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
9. How we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (e.g. during registration);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under ‘When we disclose your personal information’;
- from our own records of what Ella Blue Fabrics Product you buy;
- when legally required to do so.
10. How we use your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to our product and services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop our services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please contact us.
11. When we disclose your Personal Information
In order to deliver the product and services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Ella Blue Fabrics. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our product and services to you.
12. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our dealers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
13. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
14. You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.